Drum Expo 2013
A Two-Day Online Event For The Drum Community
www.musicradar.com/event/drumexpoOn Tuesday 30 and Wednesday 31 July, MusicRadar, in association with Rhythm magazine, will launch Drum Expo 2013. A two-day online event unique to the music making industry, Drum Expo is the online destination for drummers this summer. The biggest drum brands will be out in force hosting 'virtual booths' that feature slick video demos, lush photography and descriptions of their latest gear. Rhythm will host their own booth alongside Liberty, Roland, Yamaha, Gon Bops, Sabian, Natal, Guru, Premier, Gretsch, Echo, Gibraltar and Dream Cymbals. And it's not just gear that will be entertaining... The world's brightest and most inspirational drummers will be dropping in throughout the Expo to discuss everything from showmanship to playing live to why baby wipes are just as essential to the touring drummer as sticks. Clem Burke (Blondie), Jimmy Degrasso (David Lee Roth, Alice Cooper), Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters), Dan Flint (You Me At Six), Jason Sutter (Slash, Marilyn Manson), Chad Smith (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Gavin Harrison (Porcupine Tree) and more will be taking part. When it comes to tuition, Drum Expo 2013 has lots and it's free! Highlights include Chad Smith teaching viewers their first ever drum beat, courtesy of US-based Drum Channel; Clem Burke explaining how to play Blondie's most beloved beats; and Dan Flint from teen heartthrobs You Me At Six revealing his best drum workouts. - The Drum Expo 2013 official promo video can be viewed and embedded from this link: http://youtu.be/K-xPkhyI2Z0 - The Drum Expo will go 'live' on Tuesday 30 July 2013, with content appearing online throughout Tuesday 30 July and Wednesday 31 July. Once uploaded it will remain on the site for one year. - Liberty, Roland, Yamaha, Gon Bops, Sabian, Natal, Guru, Premier, Gretsch, Echo, Gibraltar and Dream Cymbals are all confirmed to take part. - Chad Smith, (RHCP), Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters), Clem Burke (Blondie), Dan Flint (You Me At Six), Gavin Harrison (Porcupine Tree), Glen Sobel (Alice Cooper), Christian CC Coma (Black Veil Brides) and many more will feature in Drum Expo 2013 - MusicRadar is currently one of the largest music-making sites on the web, with approximately 1.6 million unique visits and 16 million page views per month. Traffic continues to grow. - Rhythm is the biggest-selling drum magazine in the UK Event highlights in summary: - Ultimate online event dedicated to drums - Hands-on demos of the best kits and accessories - Free guest lessons from the world’s leading experts for all levels of player - Exclusive interviews with inspirational drummers About MusicRadar Created by musicians for musicians, MusicRadar.com is the number one website for guitarists, drummers and producers. Check out the latest gear updates and artist news. Read expert reviews on the best new kit. Play along with our expert video lessons or try our handy tips and projects. Add on our blogs, podcasts, competitions and a vibrant forum and MusicRadar.com has everything the modern musician could want. About Rhythm magazine The UK's biggest-selling drum magazine, since 1985 Rhythm has been the UK's go-to resource for drum news, tuition, gear reviews and interviews with the world's top drummers. About Future plc
- · Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- · We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- · We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Guitar, Creative, Sport and Auto sectors
- · We attract more than 50 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
- · Future sold more than 24 million magazines last year, that’s 45 magazines every minute. Our most well-known print brands include T3, Total Film, Cycling Plus and Official Xbox Magazine.
- · We deliver over 100 digital editions, and have sold over three million products powered by our own app-creation software, FutureFolio.
- · Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- · Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association. Future was also named Media Company of the Year at the 2013 British Media Awards.